New Product: Garmin fēnix
The Garmin fēnix is almost here! The Garmin fēnix is the first GPS navigator+ABC wristwatch to include Garmin GPS navigation. Designed for outdoor enthusiasts, it satisfies the strict requirements of the serious adventurer. It’s very easy to use and packed with many of the same features found on Garmin’s popular outdoor handheld GPS products. As a true GPS navigator, it can guide you off the trail and back to the safety of your vehicle, trailhead, campsite or home. All while conveniently strapped to your wrist.
You can create and follow routes, mark up to 1,000 waypoints, store up to 10,000 track points, and actually navigate to them. Share data wirelessly with other compatible Garmin GPS units and smartphones. Naturally, as a navigating GPS+ABC watch, it also includes altimeter, barometer, 3-axis electronic compass and temperature sensor. Rugged, stylish and waterproof to 50m, it’s as comfortable in the cement, steel and glass jungle as it is escaping the beaten path to life’s greatest adventures.
• Navigation by Garmin
No other navigator GPS+ABC wristwatch offers you the GPS navigation capabilities of Garmin — The world’s most trusted name in GPS navigation. fēnix tracks where you have been, but it can also guide you into the wilderness and, more importantly, guide you back out again. After all, what good does it do you to collect data, if you can’t use it to find your way back to your computer to download it?
It records a track log creating a GPS “bread crumb trail” as you move. It also allows you to mark waypoints such as your campsite, vehicle location, or other points of interest. With fēnix, you can create and follow routes, mark up to 1,000 waypoints, store up to 10k track points. You can even create routes that can be downloaded to fēnix from Garmin BaseCamp free trip-planning software, from a computer. Then, just follow the navigation arrow to waypoints. To get back, just have TracBack show you the way.
Rugged and attractive, the fēnix is also a highly accurate timepiece that can be worn everyday. It includes settings for alarms, chimes, and vibration alerts. It also functions as a timer, stopwatch and world clock.
fēnix has a built-in barometric altimeter that provides accurate elevation information so you can keep track of your ascent and descent.
The built-in barometer can help you monitor and predict weather changes by showing you short-term changes in the barometric air pressure. If the barometric pressure begins a steady decline, this could be a warning of an impending storm.
fēnix includes a 3-axis electronic compass that shows your bearing from any position or attitude even when you’re not moving.
• Temperature Sensor
You can gain insight into temperature trends from the built-in temperature sensor. Knowing how rapidly the temperature is rising or falling can help you determine clothing and shelter needs or whether it’s time to turn back.
• Wireless unit-to-unit communication
You can easily share tracks, waypoints, routes and paperless geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin GPS units and smartphones. fēnix is equipped with both ANT+ capabilities and Bluetooth® technology. That means you can also pair fēnix with several external devices, such as:
• Tempe external temperature sensor attaches to your pack, jacket, shoes, etc. to provide even more accurate ambient temperature readings not affected by your body heat (sold separately).
• Garmin heart rate monitor that give you heart rate information.
• Speed/Cadence sensor tracks your distance, speed and pedal cadence.
• Rugged, tough outdoor watch with a mineral glass lens to resist scratching and a high-strength thermoplastic alloy housing to survive shocks
• Fashionable everyday watch with stainless steel case and buttons along with stylishly designed and coloured polyurethane bands (leather band offered as an optional accessory)
• Waterproof to 50m
• Li-ion battery: Watch mode: 6-weeks / Sensor mode: 3-weeks / GPS mode: 16 to 50 hours depending on tracklog frequency
• Watch features: time of day, stopwatch, countdown timer, alarms, vibration alerts
• Wireless sharing (Bluetooth) to other devices for enhanced features.
• Compass, Barometer, Altimeter, Temperature on watch (plot vs. time)
• Large, LCD display (70 x 70 pixels) with character navigation guides, and white LED backlight
• Simple and easy-to-use user interface won’t slow you down from enjoying the adventure
• Wireless sensors support (ANT) – for use with Tempe™ (new optional external temp. sensor accessory), heart rate monitor & cadence sensor
• Waypoints, 10,000 point active/current track, TrackBack, active/current track, navigation line
• Sight-n-Go, Area Calculation, Sun & Moon Phases
The recommended retail price (RRP) for the Garmin fēnix will start at $449.00AUD. We expect first delivery towards the end of August. If you wish to be one of the first customers to own a Garmin fēnix don’t hesitate to get your pre-order in as soon as possible.
For more information or to pre-order the Garmin fēnix.