Hammer Nutrition HEED
Australian Delivered Stock
Long Use by dates and ready to ship immediately
- Light, non-sweet, non-syrupy taste
- Smooth, even energy-no sugar spikes or crashes
- Help protect against cramps
- Buffer lactic acid
- Low acid formula
- Full spectrum electrolyte profile
- Promote oral health, not tooth decay
- Great value
Sports drinks have been around a long time and for many athletes they're more convenient than energy gels. Unfortunately, most sports drinks are not much more than artificially colored sugar water that does little to aid your performance and even less for your health.
That is why we developed HEED as a healthy alternative for you. HEED's subtle tasting, all-complex carbohydrate formula goes down easily and supplies you with consistent, long-lasting energy and the electrolytes you need to keep pushing the pace.
Because we add no citric acid to the formula, it will not burn your throat or stomach no matter how long you drink it. HEED's sweetener, xylitol - is actually good for you, xylitol being especially beneficial for helping promote oral health. The full-spectrum, all chelated mineral, electrolyte profile helps satisfy your body's mineral requirements. L-Carnosine and Chromium Polynicotinate help to buffer lactic acid and support stable blood glucose levels.
If you prefer sport drinks over energy gels or like to use the two together, try HEED… and find out what a sports drink done right can do for your athletic performance.
Hammer HEED is a definite "step up" and welcome departure from the seemingly endless number of powdered sports drinks available to endurance athletes, giving you all the convenience of a powdered drink mix along with many added benefits not found in the vast majority of sports drinks. One of the primary flaws inherent with most sports drinks is their reliance on simple sugar as the carbohydrate source. The use of simple sugar such as glucose, sucrose, and fructose not only severely limits the amount of calories that can be efficiently digested and utilized for energy, it may cause wild fluctuations in energy levels. HEED's all-complex carbohydrate formula, on the other hand, allows you to obtain the ideal amount of calories you need, providing a more consistent and longer lasting energy supply, and without putting you at risk for stomach distress.
HEED also provides a complete and easily assimilated electrolyte profile, not just salt and potassium, which comprise the electrolyte "profile" of most other drinks. For some athletes, one or two scoops of HEED will completely fulfill electrolyte requirements (in addition to caloric requirements). For other athletes, the electrolyte profile in HEED will provide an excellent base from which additional Endurolytes can be added to completely satisfy electrolyte needs. With added chromium polynicotinate for maintaining stable blood glucose levels and l-carnosine for buffering lactic acid, HEED is truly in a class of its own in the world of powdered sports drinks.
So whenever and wherever a sports drink is your preferred choice, heed your body's desire for a superior fuel. HEED is the only choice you need to make.
Suggested Doses by Body Weight*:
- Up to 54kgs: up to 1.5 scoops/hour
- 55 - 70kgs: up to 2.5 scoos/hour
- 71 - 85kgs: up to 2.75 scoops/hour
- 86kgs +: up to 3 scoops/hour
*These are estimated doses. Each athlete should determine in training, under a variety of conditions, their personal optimum.
Usage Suggestions & Notes:
- HEED may be used as the sole source of calories, fluids and electrolytes during workouts and races lasting up to two hours and as a partial source of calories when exercising for periods well in excess of two hours.
- Each scoop of HEED contains the equivalent amount of electrolytes as approximately 2/3 of an Endurolytes serving. For many athletes, under normal conditions, one or two scoops of HEED will completely fulfill electrolyte requirements. When heat stress increases significantly, you will need to consume additional Endurolytes.